Thursday 19 August 2010

MOVIE REVIEW: SALT (12A)



SLIDERS REVIEW:

I’m sat there and Salt had just finished and I don’t want to leave because I want Part 2 to start right away. What a movie this is. A woman on the run with the skills of a CIA agent, I was pulled in straight away. The Director Phillip Noyce captured this Action/Thriller very well. She reminded me of Jason Bourne but like the female version, she was certainly more fun to watch because she had more gun fights and certainly held her own when it came to fist fights.(Dont know how but she did) Some of the stunts are not too over the top making them a bit believable.

I am glad that Tom Cruise turned down the opportunity to be the lead actor in this film because Angelina Jolie who was later on chosen for the role does an outstanding job. From her pretty blonde hair to her recognisable plump lips I think Mrs Jolie brought Salt to life better than any female actress could. I thought I had a favourite film already for this summer (A Team) but once again another blockbuster like this one gets released and it takes my number one spot.

 I’m not the type to go back and watch a film twice but for Evelyn Salt ill make an exception. I take my hat off to the writers Kurt Wimmer & Brian Helgeland. The twists and turns that occur in this film had me so surprised I couldn't believe it. I thought this would be just about a woman framed but no the story is much deeper than that. This is what I like to call great script writing. I don’t want to say much, I just 99.9% recommend everybody to see this one.
MY STAR RATINGS OUT OF 5:  5+++++

TWO FAVOURITE MOMENTS IN THE FILM:

1. When she about to be captured in the CIA building and the detective are closing in. The way she makes use of a fire extinguisher.

2. The scene of the funeral and where she gets to the Russian president during his speech.

(if you loved another moment in the film, please feel free to tell me in the comments)

SYNOPSIS:

A CIA agent goes on the run after a defector accuses her of being a Russian Spy.

TRAILER:

4 comments:

  1. This film was amazing i agree with you 200% I can't wait till the next one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. twists like a snake!!! great film

    ReplyDelete
  3. bang on review... absolutely loved this film... hope theres a sequel :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. film was the bangers cant wait 4 the next 1 4 real

    ReplyDelete