Wednesday 18 August 2010

MOVIE REVIEW: THE EXPENDABLES (15)


SLIDERS REVIEW:

Leave the misses and the kids at home and call the lads for a serious time at the cinema because this is a Sylvester Stallone Directed movie. He has managed to jam pack this action film with lots of famous faces. I could just imagine him scrolling down his phone book and asking all these people to be in his film. There’s just too many names to mention of stars in this one. Even the cameo is special even though the trailer shows the person. It’s called “the big three scene”.
The storyline’s not that original but who cares with the visuals on screen, that’s the only negative I have with this film. I liked the way characters were different to each other, everyone of the expendables were a team but had their own set of skills. With big stars come many explosive fight scenes which it was fun to watch. There’s flying knives, bullets, fists everywhere. It had me wanting more as the adrenaline gauge was cranked up to the max.
I was surprised that nobody really outshines each other because everyone’s acting is quite good. After Rambo 4 one thing is certain. Stallone has still got it. Well done on all counts in front of the camera and behind the scenes.

MY STAR RATINGS OUT OF 5:   4++++

ONE FAVOURITE MOMENT IN THE FILM:

Every Fight Scene.

 (if you loved another moment in the film, please feel free to tell me in the comments)

SYNOPSIS:

A team of mercenaries head to South America on a mission to overthrow a dictator.

TRAILER:

3 comments:

  1. You have a REALLY DOPE BLOG!!!!! If I'm ever thinking twice about seeing a movie i'll come here first. I followed you blog so please return the favor and follow me back

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like your blog!!! I already followed it so please return the favor and follow mine too.

    spaceageclothing.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Probably the manliest film I've ever seen!
    Amazing. An increadible cast that delivers action scene after action seen.

    A must see if you like guns, explosion and pure testosterone.

    ReplyDelete