Tuesday 31 August 2010

MOVIE REVIEW: DINNER FOR SCHMUKS (12A)

SLIDERS REVIEW:

This is one of them films that does exactly what it says on the tin. its making fun of others because they think they are in a higher position in life. I already felt I knew how the film would pan out before it even started but was still wanting to see the whole thing unfold. I had a bit of hope for this film but then 30minutes into it i was bored *sigh*.

 Dinner for Schmuks does have a few laughs but I couldn’t really pick out any relevance in the whole movie. I normally love watching anything with comedy but not so much this one. I think most jokes need to have a backing story to be really funny. Half way through watching & I’ve lost all interest because the story doesn’t grab my attention throughout. When this movie finished I didn’t really think about it. I mean if I didn’t have to write this review I probably wouldn’t have thought of it again.

 There’s a original French version of this film and from what I heard its miles better this one. Classics are always hard to follow up. So better luck film is what I say to The Director Jay Roach. But on the other hand full marks to Steve Carrell who plays the character Barry Speck. He played his character very well, he is such a talented man. I don’t think there’s a role he’s played lately and hasn't aced it. He acted like a true Schmuk. Too bad the concept of the film totally sucks.

There’s a tons of new films out that’s better than this so save your money people and watch something else.

MY STAR RATINGS OUT OF 5:  0.5~

ONE FAVOURITE MOMENT IN THE FILM:

Barry Speck’s speech at the dinner.

(if you loved another moment in the film, please feel free to tell me in the comments)

SYNOPSIS:

When he finds out that his work superiors host a dinner celebrating the idiocy of their guests, a rising executive questions it when he's invited, just as he befriends a man who would be the perfect guest.

TRAILER:



No comments:

Post a Comment