Friday 3 September 2010

MOVIE REVIEW: THE SWITCH (12A)




SLIDER’S REVIEW:

I must say I hate watching a film trailers like this one and knowing how a film is going to end. There’s no element of surprise as everything I need to know about the film was on the trailer. The Switch is definitely a girly film, I was in the cinema surrounded by women from their teens to the middle ages, I felt sorry for the boyfriend/husbands who were dragged along.

I didn’t think I it would be entertained but I was. I felt the storyline was more than good enough after watching it. The romance perfectly fits into place & the acting was better than expected. But to be blunt about this film I realised that here was just another Jennifer Aniston chick flick. It wasn’t anything new, I felt like I had seen it all before.

My favourite character in this film would have to be the son Sebastian played by Thomas Robinson. Everybody loves cute kids in a film, especially if they are good actors. It’s amazing to see such a young kid pull of a grown up performance. Jason Bateman’s character suited him really well. He plays a single man named Wally who’s funny and negative at the same time.

This is a film for WOMEN & WOMEN only lol.


MY STAR RATINGS OUT OF 5:  3+++

ONE FAVOURITE MOMENT IN THE FILM:

The Bathroom Sperm Switch

(if you loved another moment in the film, please feel free to tell me in the comments)

SYNOPSIS:

An unmarried 40-year-old woman turns to a turkey baster in order to become pregnant. Seven years later, she reunites with her best friend, who has been living with a secret: he replaced her preferred sperm sample with his own.

TRAILER:

No comments:

Post a Comment