Friday 3 September 2010

MOVIE REVIEW: THE LAST EXORCISM (15)

SLIDER’S REVIEW:

Did you like the Blair witch project? If your answer is yes then you will like this one. The Last Exorcism is a little bit scary but I will say the similarities of the Blair witch project makes it seem like a copy. 

The Producer Eli Roth is made to look like an amateur with the way the camera shots were taken. The editing wasn’t at its best either. It looked like they had only 2 camera’s to make this and didn’t change any mistake they made in the footage. In my opinion it’s too shaky, this makes it not as scary as it should be. Shame really.

I don’t want to spoil it for anyone who hasn’t seen it but the ending is shambolic. I couldn’t even tell what was going on. The script is cleverly written so all the fans of the horror genre will have a entertaining time at the cinema. The lead actor was one of the reason I kept watching this film, he’s performance was good and so was the possessed teenager.

I found this movie okay I guess. It’s not the best scary film by a long shot but it does the job.

MY STAR RATINGS OUT OF 5:  2.5++~

ONE FAVOURITE MOMENT IN THE FILM:

The scene where the teenage girl becomes possessed.

(if you loved another moment in the film, please feel free to tell me in the comments)

SYNOPSIS:

A troubled evangelical minister agrees to let his last exorcism be filmed by a documentary crew.

TRAILER:

1 comment: