Saturday 11 September 2010

MOVIE REVIEW: CYRUS (15)



SLIDER’S REVIEW:

The Duplass brother’s jay and mark are back with this new film they wrote and directed. If you have been keeping up with this blog you will know I like comedy films because I find them fun & entertaining to watch.

This is one awkward movie. It’s sneaky and feels a little dark. What I saw from the trailer is not the same thing I got from when watching this one. The performances was good, the lead roles were great actors. This films nothing to shout about but it worth a watch if there’s nothing else on.

Cyrus is funny & emotional but I think it was more to do with the character of the son played by Jonah Jill that kept me interested. I wasn’t sure where the film was going for most the time and the rusty camera work didn’t help either. The storyline could have been much better that it was. The directors put their personal stamp on this film but just wasn’t able to create that comedic atmosphere needed.

MY STAR RATINGS OUT OF 5:  3+++

SYNOPSIS:

A recently divorced guy meets the woman of his dreams. Then he meets her son.

TRAILER:

No comments:

Post a Comment