Tuesday 22 February 2011

MOVIE REVIEW: BIG MOMMA'S: LIKE FATHER LIKE SON (PG)

"CHEESE FEST"

Big Momma’s House 3: Like Father Like Son is a crime comedy film Directed by John Whitesell. (Same guy that brought us Big Momma House 2, 2006). This film is about an FBI agent Malcolm Turner and his stepson who go undercover at an all-girls performing arts school after Trent witnesses a murder. Its Starring Martin Lawrence, Brandon T Jackson, Jessica Lucas, Tony Curran & Faizon Love.

SLIDER’S REVIEW:

Watching this film I was thinking “This is Not Vintage Big Momma”. The film as a whole is mediocre, everything seems to have been done for the sake of it. Takeaway Big Momma add more girly scenes and they would have a chick flick (I don’t think that’s what they were going for). The jokes are not very funny and the baddies are not very good actors. It lacked entertainment and seemed played out. I’ve seen storylines like this countless amount of times. 

The best thing about this film is the attraction from Faizon to Big Momma. Half of the film doesn’t even feel like  what it’s meant to be… actually thinking back to it now all I can remember is a bunch of girls prancing around a performing arts school. I think they lost their more favoured target audience aswell because Big Momma 1 and 2 was more of a family movie whereas this 3rd one aims more at the teens. As for the production team I think they need to “up their game” if they are going be shooting more $35Million dollar projects. #Awful

Martin Lawrence does do his part as Malcolm Turner/Big Momma. He’s always been a good actor but haven’t said that he does try to bring some of his Bad Boys film antics to his movie which I don’t think quite worked (maybe he’s just getting old). The first time I ever came across Brandon T. Jackson was in Lottery Ticket (bow wow & ice cube film) I like his style of acting (can’t believe he’s 26 in real life). He plays Turner’s son Trent/Charmaine. He’s the kind of actor that looks naturally funny (all you have to do is hear him speak). I think the director should have used him more for the gags. The star of this show would have to be Kurtis Kool (Love) his character is the goofy janitor who like big women so his lust for Big Momma was funny to watch. Hayley (Lucas) is Trent’s love interest. I remember her from the TV show Melrose Place. I’m happy to see her on the big screen, I think she is a pretty good actress and I hope to see her more in movies to come.
#Overall: Big Momma 3 is an OK film to watch. - Nothing Special.

FACT: Jascha Washington was the original step son in Big Momma House 2 but turned down the role of Trent Pierce for this film. #WonderWhy?

MY STAR RATINGS OUT OF 5:  2
++
ONE FAVOURITE MOMENT IN THE FILM:

When the Faizon Love (Cool) says “My Name Is Curtis Cool & I Just Fried This Fool” #Classic

(if you loved another moment in the film, please feel free to tell us in the comments)

TRAILER:

No comments:

Post a Comment