Monday 12 July 2010

MOVIE REVIEW: GET HIM TO THE GREEK (15)


SLIDER’S REVIEW:
If you haven’t seen this movie yet then I know what everyone’s thinking. Don’t worry I was thinking it aswell. So the question is... Could Sean “Diddy” Combs act in his first proper role on the big screen? The answer is YES. To my high hopes he pulled it off. So hats off to you Diddy. I was surprised how well he acted in the film. He was funny and was believable in his role. I didn’t think he would be as good as he was but I am happy to be proven wrong.
(at least now he can pursue his acting career more and hang up the mic, his time has passed. I mean it’s not like he needs music money. I’m sure he’s getting enough of that.)
Now back to what I thought of this Nicholas Stoller film. By watching the trailer you would know what to expect from this film: Sex, Drugs & Rock N Roll. Russell brands and Jonah hill are two opposite people so it works on screen with the roles they portray. Sitting in the screen, crunching away on my popcorn this film had me excited as it was very funny and had great moments. My eyes were fixed on the screen just to see what crazy things the duo would get up to next. Jonah hill’s acting skills are second to none, he’s a natural and Russell Brand is not so bad either.
One thing I took from this film it’s that no matter how cool, hard or sexy someone looks, if they haven’t got nobody who loves who them or have any real friends then they are lonely on the inside. This film it’s definitely worth the film it was made on. I look forward to seeing more films from this director.
MY STAR RATING OUT OF 5: 4++++

ONE FAVOURITE MOMENT IN THE FILM:
A scene where Sergio (Sean Diddy Combs) is having a conversation with Aaron (Jonah Hill). Sergio is explaining to Aaron about how to mind fuck people. Aaron does not understand what mind fucking people is and looks oblivious to anything he’s saying. Sergio then says “I’m mind fucking you right now” he repeats this and then there’s a pause. Aaron then replies to Sergio “I hope you have a condom on because I have a dirty mind”

(If you loved another moment in the film, please feel free to tell me in the comments)
SYNOPSIS:
Aaron Green (Jonah Hill) is an intern working for a record company. He has been given a task by his boss Sergio Roma (Sean “Diddy” Combs) to get rock star Aldous Snow (Russell Brand) to the Greek Theatre in Los Angeles from London in 72 hours. Not everything goes according to plan as trying to get a rock star from one place to another seems impossible. People like Aldous come with more baggage than even a plane can’t carry on board. Aaron also soon discovers why Aldous is like the way he is.









TRAILER:

1 comment:

  1. I saw this one last week

    crazyyyyyyyyyyyyy.. lol

    Diddy does a fantastic acting job!!

    ReplyDelete