Monday 10 January 2011

MOVIE REVIEW: THE NEXT THREE DAYS (12A)

“A THRILL SEAKERS DELIGHT”

SLIDER'S REVIEW:


The Next Three Days is Thriller directed by Paul Haggis. The same man that wrote the screenplays for the last two james bond films. This movie is a remake of the 2007 French film Anything For Her. Its about a man who doesn’t believe that his wife has murdered a women that the law has jailed her for. He goes through the legal system for years to try and get her out but that fails. He then takes matter in his own hands to get her out of prison. Everything I got from the trailer was exactly the type of film it turned out to be. Most films are good at deceiving with their trailers this doesnt.

The thrill of watching this cat & mouse chase type of film was exciting and kept me on the edge of my seat. When I thought it was over it wasn’t. The storyline had me clueless from the start untill bit by bit they revealed all that it was. I like watching long films that I know will have either a firework feeling ending or a sad one. That alone had me hooked from the moment I was watching it. I enjoyed the whole 122minutes.

The thing about Russel Crowe is he brings such a presence to roles he plays. He sucks you into believe in him in what actions he takes and automatically I was routing for him thoughout the film. He plays this normal man John Brennan who is soo intent on getting his wife out of jail that he breaks so many laws. True love or insanity? He is a great actor and has been from his Gladiator days (2000). His wife in this movie is Lara Brennan (Elizabeth Banks) does such a wonderful job of being an accused woman of murder. Her acting went well. She had this neutral feeling to her. One minute I thought she’s innocent the next I couldn’t tell. All this added to the intensity of her role.

In a quick snapback to reality I would have given this film more stars but to think that Russel Crowe at his age (46) looking as fat as he does on screen could do what he does in this film. A man who's got man boobs and a large stomach accomplishes the impossible if you ask me.

It’s a good movie to watch. Exciting Plot.
MY STAR RATINGS OUT OF 5: 4

FAVORITE MOMENT IN FILM:

All the things he learns to do by watching youtube.

(if you liked another moment in the film, feel free to tell us in the comments) 


TRAILER

No comments:

Post a Comment