Wednesday 1 December 2010

MOVIE REVIEW: UNSTOPPABLE (12A)


“A THRILLING RIDE OF A FILM YOU NEED.. NO... MUST EXPERICENCE”

SLIDER’S REVIEW:

The storyline is basically of a runaway train that has to be stopped before it reaches a town and destroys it. Frank Barnes (Denzel Washington) & Will Colson (Chris Pine) play these two train worker who decide to go after the train before it’s too late.

When I first saw the trailer for this film I instantly thought “whys Denzel Washington doing another train film”we have all seen him in The Taking of Pelham 123. So anyway I go and watch Unstoppable and was blown away. It’s totally a different setting to anything I’ve seen in a while. It is such a heart pounder of a story. The intensity of the screenplay is gripping. This film doesn’t need you to any deep thinking it just needs you to sit down and enjoy the entertaining journey it takes.

I think I’m going to have to call the Director Tony Scott “one of the kings of thriller films”. He was behind films like Pelham 123, DéjàVu & Man on Fire. This film captured my attention straight from the start of the film; I found my heart actually beating faster than usual in pinnacle points of the film. I was thinking the storyline would be predictable and all it was going to end with would be some sort of a train crash but it was so much more than that.

Normally in films that Denzel is in he would take the spotlight but in this one everybody plays their role as good as each other. There were a lot of characters that were easy to relate to. There too much going on in this film for it to be a one man show. The team effort sort of brings everyone together in the end.

So far Inception takes the film of the year but I think Unstoppable could go toe to toe for the title.

MY STAR RATINGS OUT OF 5: 5

ONE FAVOURITE MOMENT IN THE FILM

The intense moment where Will Colson goes to join the trains together.

(If you loved another moment in the film, feel free to tell us in the comments)

TRAILER:

No comments:

Post a Comment