Wednesday 13 October 2010

MOVIE REVIEW: WALL STREET 2: MONEY NEVER SLEEPS (12A)


SLIDER’S REVIEW:

I actually didn’t know what to expect when I went to see this film. I had never seen the first one and all I knew is that it was about money.

This is a film Directed by Oliver stone and is said to be his best work yet, Well with a 70 million dollar budget and a great cast it had to be right?. Well sadly its another dissapointing attempt in film making. i didn’t get enough about greed, power and how wall street worked instead I was watching how human emotions work through different types of relationships… (boring, yea I know)

The storyline to this American Drama is not original enough for it to be a master piece. Theres too much time spent focusing on whats been and not what is happening. At about half an hour to the end I was feeling like I had already seen the ending because it was that predictable. If the ending had a twist that even I couldn’t have predicted then maybe I could have put my stamp of approval on this film. Im surprised I was able to stay through the whole movie.

Wall Street 2’s saving grace was the actors. Shia LaBeouf’s performance was simply outstanding. He is such a talented actor, he really took this role in his stride without a blip. Michael Douglas’s performace also was very well perfromed. I can see why he got a Academy Award for Best Leading Actor in the first Wall Street in 1988. These two actors on screen chemisty worked to perfection as Shia looked like the eager rookie looking to work and learn from the best and Mr. Douglas (whilst puffing on a cuban cigar) was looking like the boss who’s done it all .

#Sadly, I didn’t get anything out of this film apart from genuinely good actors.

MY STAR RATINGS OUT OF 5: 2.5

ONE FAVOURITE MOMENT IN THE FILM:

Shia Labeouf’s & Michael Douglas's performance in this film.

(if you loved another moment in the film, please feel free to tell us in the comments)

SYNOPSIS:

As the global economy teeters on the brink of disaster, a young Wall Street trader partners with disgraced former Wall Street corporate raider Gordon Gekko on a two-tiered mission: To alert the financial community to the coming doom, and to find out who was responsible for the death of the young trader's mentor

TRAILER:

No comments:

Post a Comment